- Familiar with W/LAMP (Windows/Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) Stacks web development packages and SVN and GIT version control systems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, utilized on projects at school and work.
- Adequate understanding of the three-layer MVC (model, view, controller) programming structure and relational database management using SQL.
- Displays a strong understanding of software design patterns such as the singleton, factory method and prototype obtained through working on various school and personal projects.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and cloud hosted web services
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Competent knowledge and understanding of the software development cycle: from the planning stages through to the maintenance stage, by the involvement of different software development methodologies.
- Ability to work well both independently and/or as part of a team
- Strong analytical and technical knowledge and skill developed through various school, work and personal projects
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate professionally through email, telephone, and in person
- Familiar with using SSH to securely log in to multiple remote workstations via command line.
- Sufficient experience with batch and bash scripting through creating backup and maintenance tasks.
- Competent understanding of Networking protocols including IPv4 & 6, TCP/IP , HTTP and the ISO model
- Sufficient experience with managing users and devices through Active Directory & GPOs
- Adequate knowledge and understanding of virtual machines demonstrated through the daily use of VMWare products including workstation, player, and vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V technology.
- Operating Systems: Linux: Kubuntu, Ubuntu; Windows: XP, Win 7, Server 2003/08; Mac: OSX 10.9
- Applications: Komodo Edit, NetBeans, MS Visual Studio 2010, MySQL Workbench, LAMP development package, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Dreamweaver, ShiftEdit cloud IDE, VMWare Workstation and VSphere,
- Hardware and Peripherals: Printer and scanner configuration, Ubuntu and Microsoft server software and hardware configuration
IT & Web Consultant March 2014 - August 2014
- Self-employed, managing several independent contracts and multiple clients at once.
- Created custom WordPress websites – from design to completion for companies and clients.
- Integrated e-commerce components into existing sites that used different payment gateways including Chase Payment Tech, PayPal, Stripe and Authorize.Net.
- Designed and implemented small network infrastructures for clients.
- Troubleshooting of networks and IT hardware peripheral.
- Provided training to clients on how to leverage new and existing technologies to improve their businesses.
Web Developer September 2014 – March 2015
- Helped developed new accounts receivable module for an ERP software.
- Used the Symfony framework with GIT version control and JIRA for sprints and bug tracking.
- Fixed a variety of bugs and helped with UI enhancements to front-end of the application.
Systems Analyst May 2013 – May 2014
- Developed core accounting features for corporate time sheet software
- Implemented an automated backup and export script for Clients’ historical data.
- Redesigned and normalized existing application databases
- Exposure to Node JS, Mongdo DB and the Sencha Framework for new web application development
- Utilized VM Ware Workstation, vPlayer and vSphere to create multiple test environments with separate domain controllers for client demos and proof-of-concepts.
- Part of a team that created and demonstrated a data-collection system for a multi-million dollar project.
Software Developer & System Admin May 2010 – February 2013
- Developed a messaging application for email and SMS communication with clients using HTML5, PHP, AJAX, MySQL, jQuery, and JSON and incorporated it into Github for code version control.
- Wrote an email checker that used IMAP in PHP CLI for the company’s On-Call messaging system.
- Wrote backup software to administer the company’s daily, weekly and monthly data backups.
- Developed a web-based MySQL database migration tool to simplify the process of data migration and segregation for individual clients.
- Administered corporate Active Directory Records.
- On-Call technical support one week every month
- Helped with migrating on-site application servers to amazon AWS
- Assisted with migration from Windows based applications to Google Apps
- Performed workstation setup and configuration for new hires
Bachelor of Applied Computer Information Systems and Business
August 2008 – June 2012
- Co-produced a runner-up video (Hope In A Bag) that portrayed our vision of hope by using paper bags.
- Beneficiary of the Faculty of Science and Technology Scholarship for academic excellence in 2009.
- Beneficiary of the Junior Chamber International Scholarship for outstanding leadership skills in 2009,2011.
- Placement on the Deans Honour Roll, from fall 2009 to winter 2011 semesters for academic excellence.
- Created a CMS website for a Charity organization which included Child Sponsorship management system, Online Gift Shop, and fundraising ideas
- Wrote a custom site crawler in PHP that checked external websites for new data every week and updated a database with the newly acquired data.
- Developed a mobile web app using jQuery Mobile that integrated with a client’s existing WordPress website.
- Developed a free classified ads web application levering various cloud services such as CloudFlare, Digital Ocean and Server Pilot.
- Installed and Deployed Plex Media Center as a VM that was hosted on a Lubuntu server
- Developed an ordering system using PL/SQL for OracleDB and MySQL for a fictional bike shop.
- Created a Real Estate management system using C#, WPF and XAML and RESTful APIs
- Developed a music portal site in C# ASP.NET that consumed external web services via REST APIs and dynamically displayed the content using various ASP.NET web controls and jquery widgets. Read more about it here.
Web Developer May 2011
- Participated in a 72-hour global challenge to create a concept based on the idea of Superheroes.
- Worked with talented business and industrial designers to conceptualize and deliver a brand and product.
- Created a functional landing page to showcase our ideas and work within 48 hours.
- See sample of the ‘Pronto Movement’ work here
Web Admin/Thrid Year Rep August 2010 – December 2011
- Managed Student society’s website.
- Integrated various social media plug-ins into the site.
- Kept student body informed with events through the site.
- Scheduled monthly maintenance and backup of entire site.
- Represented Third-Year students and organized social events and mentorship programs